The Ukrainian Bar Association (UBA) together with the International Bar Association (IBA) invite you to the Business Breakfast: “ReOpen Ukraine”, which will be held under the patronage of the Embassy of Ukraine in the USA.
As the satellite event for the 2022 Annual IBA Conference, the breakfast aims at drawing the attention of the world’s legal community, governments, international organizations, and civil society to the measures aimed at restoring the rule of law in Ukraine.
Date: Monday, 31 October.
Time: 07:30 A.M. – 09:15 A.M.
Registration of participants: 07:00 A.M. – 07:30 A.M.
Venue: Royal Palm South Beach Hotel (address: 1545 Collins Ave, Miami Beach, FL 33139).
The focus of the discussion at the event will be as follows:
- Post-war future of Ukraine and of the world
- Investigation and prosecution of Russian war crimes against Ukraine – a challenge for national and international justice systems
- Compensation for damages inflicted by the war
- Post-war economic transformation. New opportunities for business development in view of Ukraine’s status as a candidate for accession to the European Union
- Ukraine as a priority area for investment. Key directions and ways of reconstruction of Ukraine. Creating new supply chains
- Oksana Markarova, Ambassador Extraordinary and Plenipotentiary of Ukraine to the United States (online)
- Anna Ogrenchuk, President of the Ukrainian Bar Association
Anna Ogrenchuk, President of the Ukrainian Bar Association
- Mark Ellis, Executive Director of the IBA
- Judge Ivana Hrdlickova, President of the Special Tribunal for Lebanon
- Beth Van Schaack, U.S. State Department’s Ambassador-at-Large for Global Criminal Justice
- Vladyslav Rashkovan, Alternate Executive Director of the IMF (online)
- Natalie Yaresko, Minister of Finance of Ukraine (2014 – 2016) (online)
Co-sponsors of the event:
Abreu Advogados (Portugal), ASTERS (Ukraine), AVELLUM (Ukraine), BARBRI (USA), Debevoise & Plimpton (USA), Gorrissen Federspiel (Denmark), Noerr (Poland), Kinstellar (Central Europe & Asia), LCF Law Group (Ukraine), Magnusson (Nordic-Baltic countries), Sayenko Kharenko (Ukraine), Sorainen (Estonia), Waselius & Wist (Finland), White & Case (USA).
Language: the event will be conducted in English.
Due to limited space at the venue registration to participate in-person in Miami is closed.
Please kindly note, organizers will confirm the participation (OFFline attandence) of registered persons by email.
For participation ONline, please register here:
A personal link to join the event will be sent to each participant at the email address specified during registration.
Please note. Participation in the event is free, but you can carry out the institutional activities of UBA in the form of a DONATION, the size of which is determined at your discretion.
For additional information, please call by phone.: +38 (063) 792-30-99 (Viber, WhatsApp, Telegram) or write to the address: firstname.lastname@example.org.