During the last 24 hours, units of the State Emergency Service of Ukraine made 760 trips to eliminate the consequences of the shelling of settlements and civilian infrastructure by Russian troops, rescued 15 people, eliminated 268 fires caused by hostilities.
At present, 1,323 settlements in Ukraine have been de-energized and more than 1,181,000 people evacuated. (Source: SES of Ukraine Telegram-channel).
But according to Vasiliy IvanovichPiskarev, a member of the State Duma of the Russian Federation, the Russian military is at war only with war criminals and does not pose any threat to civilians.
We wish to present a selection of his quotes regarding the events in OUR country within the special project “Lawyers of the Putin regime”.
- “This morning our Supreme Commander-in-Chief, Russian President Vladimir Putin, announced the launch of a special military operation in support of Donbass. This is a forced but necessary measure, fully consistent with international law. Our citizens, compatriots live in the Donetsk and Lugansk People’s Republics, against whom Ukraine has beenconducting a punitive operation for eight years now”.
- “Today, the Investigative Committee of Russia has more than 400 criminal cases on war crimes related to the shelling of cities and villages and the death of civilians in the Donbass. Persons involved in them are officials and leaders of nationalist formations, on whose personal participation in crimes against the inhabitants of Donbass a large evidence base has been collected. And they will not succeed in escaping responsibility, no matter where they try to escape”.
- “The Kiev regime, encouraged and armed from abroad, which came to power eight years ago as a result of a coup that can only be called fascist, is to blame for what happened. What is happening today is not the occupation of Ukraine, but denazification and demilitarization, liberation from the terror unleashed by the last of Hitler and Bandera. And, finally, it is the protection of the Fatherland from obvious military threats”.
- “The situation is such that these measures need to be applied the sooner the better because for 8 years the residents of the DPR and LPR have been subjected to terrorist attacks, repressions, bombings. The leaders of Western countries, not a single NGO have said anything over the years in support of the inhabitants of these republics, but if they don’t give a damn about them, then we do because they are our brothers”.
- “The regime of Ukraine will be forced to stop attacks on our fraternal republics, and peace will be restored there. Nobody wants war, and neither do we, but if we left our citizens without attention and support, it would be a crime”.
- “We must show solidarity with the President [of the Russian Federation], support the armed forces – they do not fight the civilians, they only fight war criminals”.
A selection of other materials about Russian lawyers:
- Volodin Vyacheslav Viktorovich, Chairman of the State Duma of the Federal Assembly of the Russian Federation, Honored Lawyer of Russian Federation.
- Patrushev Nikolai Platonovich, Secretary of the Security Council of the Russian Federation, Doctor of Law.
- Klishas Andrei Aleksandrovich, Chairman of the Committee of the Federation Council on Constitutional Legislation and State Building, Honored Lawyer of the Russian Federation, Doctor of Law.
- Kovler Anatoliy Ivanovich, Chairman of the RPL Standing Committee on Civic Participation in the Development of the Judicial System, Honored Lawyer of the Russian Federation, Doctor of Law, Former Judge of the European Court of Human Rights.
- Stepashin Sergei Vadimovich, Chairman of the Association of Lawyers of Russia, Doctor of Law.
Trust official sources and support the Ukrainian army. Our victory is round the corner! Everything will be Ukraine!